Fire in Villanova
By Chief Joe Maguire
August 28, 2022

At 6:22 AM on Saturday the 27th, Radnor Fire Company was dispatched to a carbon monoxide alarm on Ivy Lane in Villanova.
Prior to the arrival of the company, RTPD arrived on location and reported a smoking ceiling fixture at the residence.
Arriving crews found a smoldering fire in the ceiling of a patio on the back of the house.
Saws were used to open the ceiling which revealed extensive damage to the plywood and the wood I beam between the ceiling and the room above.
The house was checked inside with damage visible to the floor above the fire.
All areas were opened up and wet down.
Crews remained on location for approximately two hours before returning to the firehouse.

Units: Chief 15, Deputy 15, Engine 15, Quint 15