|Hazardous Materials Incident in Tredyffrin Township|
|August 27, 2021|
WAYNE, PA - On Thursday, August 26th at 8:36 a.m., Radnor Fire Company was dispatched to the 900 block of Old Eagle School Road for a report of muriatic acid which was spilled inside a service van.
Upon initial dispatch, the Chester County Hazardous Materials team was added to the call. Arriving emergency responders found a small spill which created vapors inside the van.
The two workers were evaluated by EMS personnel and cleared. Upon arrival of the Haz-Mat team, they investigated the spill and eventually utilized a compound to neutralize the acid.
Radnor firefighters assisted in cleaning up the area. The vehicle and its' contents were turned over to a representative of the service company. All units cleared the scene after two hours on location.
|Units:||Chief 15, Quint 15, Rescue 15|
|Mutual Aid:||Chester County Hazardous Materials team|