This past weekend, Radnor's award-winning 1954 Mack B75 attended the Antique Truck Club of America's 39th Annual Meet in Macungie, Pa. The show is the largest truck show in the country. More than 850 trucks registered and more than 1,000 truck enthusiasts we’re in attendance. Radnor's Mack was the only B model pumper at this year's event.
History of Radnor's 1954 MackB75:
B75 F Thermodyne, Open Cab named Unit 2 was equipped with a 464 cubic inch engine, with 5-speed transmission; this truck was well known for its loud engine due to straight pipe exhaust. This truck was one of the first B model Mack Fire Trucks and came with a Q siren, and Rota-ray emergency light the truck had originally been ordered with a high-speed rear, which was deemed too fast by Les Wilkins or Eddie Clark, so the rear end was changed for less speed and safety
The truck has a 750 GPM Hale 2 stage centrifugal pump, 400 gallon tank, twin booster reels, with 1200 feet of 2 ½” hose, two 1 ½ inch lines from the rear from one 2 ½ inch pre-connect. The truck was also the first truck at Radnor Fire Company with foam and wet water tanks, and also one of the first trucks with a pump engine governor, and pre piped 2 ½ “ pre connect. This truck replaced the 1940 Chevrolet. This truck is the only truck to be re-purchased and restored by the Radnor Fire Company.