Radnor Fire Company Responds To Residential CO Alarm Monday Evening
 
By NewsDesk
January 23, 2018
 

Radnor firefighters, EMS personnel and a full company of RFC apparatus were on-hand Monday evening to respond to reports of a residential carbon monoxide alarm and possible sick persons at a home on Briar Road in Wayne. The call was received at 8:58 PM as RFC crews were concluding weekly drills in Radnor.

Engine 15, Quint 15 and Ambulance 15-7 were first to respond and firefighters protected by self-contained breathing apparatus checked the residence using gas meters. Squad 15, Engine 15-1 and Rescue 15 firefighters also responded. Crews determined there was no indication of CO at the home.

During the same time period, Engine 15-1 was dispatched to a possible gas leak in the 100 block of Windermere Avenue in South Wayne. All RFC apparatus and crews were made available by 9:20 PM.

Radnor residents are reminded to install battery-operated or battery back-up CO detectors in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. Place detectors where it will wake you up if alarms sound, such as outside bedrooms and on every level of the house. Consider buying a detector with a digital readout. This detector can tell you the highest level of CO concentration in your home in addition to alarming. Replace your CO detector every five years. For more information on CO, visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm

 
Photo: Damien Enderle
Photo: Damien Enderle
Photo: Damien Enderle
Photo: Damien Enderle
 
Photo: Damien Enderle
Photo: Damien Enderle